Now in its 2nd year, the annual JG Zuma Marathon & Fun Run will take place on Sunday, April 17th, 2016 with the 42.2km comrades marathon qualifier as well as the 5km family fun run, all supported by full road closures.
“The event is aimed at the family, which is why all members of the public – both young and old – are invited to take part in the Fun Run, while the more serious competitors go for the standard marathon,” said Celi Makhoba, the Race Director. “For those who are not participating, residents can cheer on the runners as they make their way to the finish. Members of the public are encouraged to bear with organisers and traffic authorities who will be closing the roads along the JG Zuma Marathon route from 5am”, he added.
The 42.2km will be starting off at the New Venture Farm on the R33 close to Mpolweni with all runners making their way along the scenic route in order to beat the 11.30am cut off time across the finish line at the King Edward Park in Greytown. Prize giving will take place at 12 noon.
Because the safety of the runners is paramount, the JG Zuma Marathon organisers have warned that traffic officials policing the route will take a zero tolerance approach to any who venture on to roads that have been closed – including those without a race number and drivers who are too impatient to look for alternative routes.
Please note that roads affected along the route are as follows:
Louis Botha, Durban Street, Shepstone Street, Hutchison Street, McCullum Street, Harding Street, John Havermann Street, Ente Street and King Edward Park. Please note that Municipal traffic authorities will be in charge of these roads.
- R74 Muden / Colenso Road
- R613 Mooi River Road
- Corner of Durban and McCullum Street
- Corner of Louis Botha and Hutchison Street
- Corner of Durban and Harding Street
- Corner of Durban and Scott Street
- Corner of Durban and Shepstone
- Corner of Durban and Kelly Street
- Intersection of R74 Stanger and R33 Dundee Road
- R74 Stanger road
- R33 Umsinga / Dundee road
- Corner of Sargeaunt and Shepstone
- Corner of McCullum and Louis Botha Avenue
- Corner of Hutchison Street and Louis Botha Avenue
- R33 Pietermaritzburg Road.
The alternative route to Pietermaritzburg will be as follows:-
- Take the R74 to Kranskop. Turn off at the Mispah turn-off (Welgegund Garage)
- Turn left at Mispah shop opposite Khulekani School (Before the railway line) (Spalment)
- This route will take you to Dalton then on to Pietermaritzburg via Wartburg.
As a gentle reminder, race number collections will take place this Friday, April 15 at King’s Park Athletics Stadium in Durban and on Saturday, April 16 at the King Edward Park in Greytown. Registration will be opened between 10am and 6pm on both days.
For further comments or information contact the Race Director: Celi Makhoba on 073 175 8725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
See the map of the route below:
The post Road Closure Reminder for the upcoming JG Zuma Marathon! appeared first on Fitness Magazine.
Source: Fitness Magazine
For More Content like Checkout http://healhynutrimania.com
The post Road Closure Reminder for the upcoming JG Zuma Marathon! appeared first on Healthy NutriMania.
Source: Healthy Nutrimania